posted on June 25, 2013 10:52
The Orleans County man who caused an explosion in his Town of Carlton home has died.
The Sheriff’s Office says Wesley Baes died at about 3 p.m. yesterday at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester where he has been hospitalized since the May 17 incident.
He was 75.
Mr. Baes sustained severe burns when he was operating an acetylene torch in an attempt to patch a hole in a 200 gallon above-ground gasoline tank. The tank had been drained, but there were residual vapors that ignited and caused the explosion.