News Tips
  
22

The third serious fire in Wyoming County this week destroys a barn.

Fire broke out at the barn owned by John Zukowski on Bailey Road in the Town of Bennington early this morning. Nine fire companies responded to the blaze for almost four hours.

The barn was a total loss and $60,000 in damage was done to the structure and its contents. The cause was determined to be a faulty wood chimney.

Firefighters were able to save a near-by home from any damage.

This week, fire destroyed a home and a classic car in Perry and caused significant damage to a Town of Java apartment.

No injuries were been reported at any of the three fire incidents.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (1) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

# George
Friday, November 22, 2013 3:44 PM
Wood chimnies are the worst. I'd much rather have one made of concrete block or galvanized steel!

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

  |  Login