Fire leaves eight temporarily homeless

Written by on July 15, 2019

Fire caused by an electrical malfunction has left eight people temporarily homeless today.
Batavia City Firefighters raced to 319 East Main just after 7:30 this morning.
Fire was detected in the attic of the two story building.
Captain Greg Ireland said it was a fast response that saved the structure:

There were four apartments in the building. All were occupied.
There were no injuries.
The building cannot be lived in until the power is restored but fire and smoke damage was held to a minimum.
One block of East Main around the fire scene was closed for over an hour.
The Salvation Army and the Red Cross are helping the tenants.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


06AM Ibiza

Underground radio

Current track
TITLE
ARTIST