COVID-19 Daily Update, May 28, 2020
Written by Dan Fischer on May 28, 2020
May 28, 2020
STAY HOME; WASH HANDS; SOCIAL DISTANCING; WEAR A FACE COVERING!
· As of 2:00 p.m.
o Genesee County received 2 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 185 positive cases
§ The two positive cases reside in Batavia.
§ One of the positive individuals is less than 20 and one is in their 50’s.
§ One of the positive cases was not on mandatory quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
§ 2 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
o Orleans County received 2 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 211 positive cases
§ One of the new positive individuals resides in Albion and one of the new positive individuals resides at Orchard Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
§ Of the new positive case one of the individuals is in their 40’s and one of the individuals is in their 80’s.
§ None of the new positive cases were on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive.
§ 2 of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
§ 18 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized. Please note those in the hospital may be from the community or a state-regulated facility. We do not separate them out to protect their privacy.
§ We are sorry to report that we have lost another county resident due to COVID-19. The individual resided at the Orchard Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of this individual during this very sad time.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
The facility breakdown is only showing the total positive cases from those facilities from where we received a postive swab for COVID-19.
Governor Cuomo announced that gatherings of 10 or less are now permitted with social distancing and sanitization protocols in place. The executive order is only good for 30 days or unless it is extended. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20233-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
For questions go to NY Forward website (https://forward.ny.gov/) and the Regional Control Room (for guidance and to answer your questions: mailto:email@example.com). To file a complaint about a business, location or incident in your community you can call 1-833-789-0470 or https://mylicense.custhelp.com/app/ask
o Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Re-opening America: click here.
o Although the State has issued a statement about campgrounds, they have not provided updated guidance for camping. The local health departments are in the process of communicating with local campgrounds with updated information.
New York State on PAUSE: NYS on PAUSE will continue until at least May 28, 2020 regarding large and social gatherings. To assist local authorities with enforcement of these orders, the Governor established the New York State PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Task Force where individuals can file complaints regarding the operation of non-essential businesses or gatherings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here to file a complaint online. You may also call 1-833-789-0470. Businesses that are not in compliance with the Governor’s executive order may be penalized.
· A reminder that outdoor seating for restaurants is still prohibited according to the Governor’s Executive Order and Phase 1 and Phase 2 guidelines. Restaurants are to provide take-out or delivery only until Phase 3 or until the Governor states otherwise. https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase
· As we get closer to the potential to advance to Phase 2 those businesses in that phase should be working on their plans to have them ready. Check daily for potential guidance. Click the link for guidance and the business safety plan template: https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase#overview–reopening-in-phases
· Re-Opening Guidance: Links to assist businesses
o Link to the NY Forward Reopening guide: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/NYForwardReopeningGuide.pdf
o Regional Control Room: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Link to NY Forward website: https://forward.ny.gov/
o Link to NY Forward “Can I re-open” Business Look-up Tool https://www.businessexpress.ny.gov/app/nyforward
o Public/Private Beaches: https://forward.ny.gov/statewide-guidelines
o COVID-19 Test Finder: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you
Masks / Face Coverings Both counties are still low in supplies of masks. They are being distributed to high-risk agencies / businesses as prioritized and if there is a supply left over they will be distributed in an appropriate manner. County plans for releasing supplies to the public will be forthcoming as supplies become available. Additional information will be released by the respective County Emergency Management offices as appropriate.
· ROC COVID-19 Health Screener: This symptom tracker for the Greater Rochester region is a scientific study collected aggregate data by zip code to track hot spots of COVID-19. The data will potentially show how the virus may be spreading, identify areas that may be at risk and determine how our efforts are working to slow the spread. You can participate by taking the daily survey whether you are having symptoms or are feeling healthy. It just takes a few seconds. To learn more go to: https://www.roccovid.org/index.html
· The Nursing Home hotline number is 833-249-8499 or click the link for the online form: https://ag.ny.gov/nursinghomes