Albion Closes all Parks
Written by Dan Fischer on March 30, 2020
News Release: Village of Albion Police
The Village of Albion has Closed All Village Parks Effective Immediately. This closure is to help conform with Center for Disease Control guidance measures to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus. Many people have been seen at the parks on Playground Equipment, Playing Basketball and Football.
The Village of Albion would like all citizens to follow the CDC Guidelines below:
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND WE MUST ALL DO ARE PART.
Know How it Spreads
• There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
• The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
• The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. o Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). o Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
• These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
• There is no exact scientific study as to how long the Virus Lives on Surfaces. Clean your hands often
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact • Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Put distance between yourself and other people
• Distance is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.