BATAVIA DOWNS ANNOUNCES GROUND FORCE FIGHT’S THROWDOWN AT THE DOWNS 2.0 MMA EVENT FOR JUNE 15th.
Written by WBTA STAFF on April 11, 2019
BATAVIA – Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel has announced that Ground Force Fight’s “Throwdown at the Downs 2.0” event will take place on Saturday, June 15th. This is the second event being put on at Batavia Downs by Ground Force after last year’s original event.
“We are excited to have Ground Force Fights back at Batavia Downs,” said Henry Wojtaszek, CEO/President at Batavia Downs Gaming. “After the success of last year’s event, we began talks almost immediately on putting together another event here in June of 2019. We’re looking forward to another great night of fights that will entertain the passionate MMA fans of Western New York.”
Bouts include Quentin Marozzi in a 135 Title fight, Brad Vargasson in a 185 Title Fight, as well as Peter Flanagan, Jim Pearl, Steven Kleckler, Vince Capozzi with more bouts to be announced.
“Last year’s event was a huge success and we’re excited to showcase local MMA fighters once again at Batavia Downs,’ said Richard Mitchell, Owner of Ground Force Fights. “We invite the public to come root on the many local fighters at our 2nd ever outdoor event.”
Tickets are on sale now at bataviaconcerts.com. Doors open at 4:30pm, Event starts at 6pm. Tickets are $35 for General Admission and $55 for VIP seats closer to the cage. Lawn chairs (which are normally permitted for other Batavia Downs events) are NOT permitted for this event. There will be limited chairs and bleacher seating available. Each concert ticket is also redeemable once at Player’s Club in the three days following the event for $15 Free Play to be used on one of Batavia Downs Gaming’s 800+ gaming machines.