City Opens Yard Waste Station April 6
Written by Dan Fischer on April 1, 2020
The Law Street Yard Waste Station will open with temporary hours beginning April 6th for City residents to dispose of “yard waste”. Special hours for yard waste station will remain in effect during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Until further notice the yard waste station will open at 8 AM and close at 2 PM, Monday through Friday during normal business days for the City of Batavia. All customers are asked to the abide by social distancing policies put forth by the Genesee County Department of Health, New York State Department of Health and the CDC. Specific instructions include:
• Use the Law Street entrance to enter and exit the City Yard Waste Station only.
• Distance yourself at least six feet from any employees or other customers.
• Do not visit the Yard Waste Station if you are sick and/or have Covid-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
• Please wash your hands thoroughly before and after your visiting the Yard Waste Station.
• Sanitize containers or vehicles used to transport yard waste.
As a reminder, the City does not provide spring curbside pickup of yard waste materials (grass, leaves and limbs) and City residents are encouraged to bring these material to the Law Street Yard Waste Station as needed.
The following items cannot be accepted at the station: tree stumps, building materials, rock, fill (soil and stone) other debris. Yard waste needs to be free of trash (paper, plastic, bottles, cans…etc.), as this material cannot be processed. All containers (totes, boxes, bags…etc.) need to be taken back with the customer.
As a reminder please use Law Street entrance to enter and exit the City Yard Waste Station only.