Cougar Weekend at GCC!
Written by WBTA STAFF on September 12, 2018
What: Cougar Weekend at GCC!
When: Cougar Crawl: Friday, September 21, 2018
• Begins at Ken’s Charcoal Pits (59 West Main St) at 5 p.m.
Batavia Campus Events: Saturday, September 22, 2018
• GCC’s Batavia Campus (1 College Road) at 10 a.m.
Who: All are invited and welcome!
Background: Cougar Weekend at Genesee Community College is a fun-filled two day celebration featuring the popular Cougar Crawl in downtown Batavia and the 9th Annual Bike and Car Cruise at GCC’s Batavia Campus! However, this year includes much more!
Friday, September 21, 2018 – Cougar Crawl in Downtown Batavia begins at 5 p.m.
GCC’s Alumni Office invites the entire community to join the Cougar Crawl and explore downtown Batavia making stops at local establishments for food, drink and discount specials.
The crawl stops include:
• Ken’s Charcoal Pits (59 West Main Street) at 5 p.m.
• The YNGodess Shop (73 East Main Street)
• Valle Jewelers (21 Jackson Street)
• Pollyanna and Dot (202 East Main Street)
• Eli Fish Brewing Company (109 Main Street)
• T-Shirts Etc. (37 Center Street)
• T.F. Brown’s Restaurant (214 Main Street) for the Cougar Crawl Bash which provides a live DJ till 10 p.m., a buffet and prizes all included!
Tickets for the Cougar Crawl are only $10 and can be purchased online at https://www.genesee.edu/home/offices/alumni/alumni-events/fall-fest/ or by contacting GCC’s Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs, Jennifer Wakefield at (585)343-0055 ext.6265 or by email at email@example.com.
Saturday, September 22, 2018 – Cougar Weekend Events at GCC’s Batavia Campus
To round out Cougar Weekend, GCC’s Batavia campus will host a full day of activities, exhibits and more!
10 a.m. – Craft and Vendor Market opens inside the Richard C. Call Arena. To register as a vendor, contact Nina Mortellaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9 a.m. – Registration opens for the 9th Annual Bike and Car Cruise, sponsored by Ken Barrett Chevrolet-Cadillac
Noon – Bike and Car Cruise begins
Noon – Chicken Barbeque available for $10 until gone
Noon till 3 p.m. – Steiner Theatre Lobby and the Roz Steiner Art Gallery will display “Landscape Interaction/ Intervention” AND “Portraits in Trash,” respectively.
1 p.m. – GCC Men’s Baseball vs. Barnie Baycats
5 p.m. – the Athletic Hall of Fame Induction of 4 new members:
• Inductee: Sara Barr was one of the most versatile top female swimmers in GCC history having earned seven school records and four relay records; many of which still stand today.
• Inductee: Scott Hemer served as GCC’s Women’s Basketball Coach from 2001 – 2007. During his career at GCC he was the NJCAA National District C Coach of the Year, the NJCAA Region III Coach of the Year on three occasions and mentored five All-Americans.
• Inductee: Connor Latimer, former GCC lacrosse player became a two-time NJCAA All-American. He finished his GCC career in 2011 holding the record for most goals in a single game (9), most points in a single game (14) and most career points (217).
• Inductee: John Polonius, a native of Curaçao, played baseball for the Cougars from 2009 – 2011. He was named NJCAA Region III All-Conference First Team twice and was named 2011 GCC Male Athlete of the Year. Polonius currently plays for the San Francisco Giants.
• Inductee: Tammy Conrad Wickens captained GCC’s volleyball team in 1986 and led the Cougars to a NJCAA national appearance. She was an NJCAA All-American First Team All-Conference selection and went on to lead the Rochester Institute of Technology team to a post-season playoff appearance. She still holds hitting, serving and blocking records at RIT.
7 p.m. – Alumni Co-Ed Soccer Game on the Turf Field, register at https://www.genesee.edu/home/offices/alumni/alumni-events/alumni-soccer-game/
8 p.m. – Alumni Bonfire at College Village – bring a friend and join GCC for s’mores!
For more information, visit https://www.genesee.edu/home/offices/alumni/alumni-events/fall-fest/ or contact the alumni office at email@example.com.
Additional Details: http://news.genesee.edu/news/2018/08/15/cougar-weekend-gcc-kicks-cougar-crawl