- As of 2:00 p.m.
- Genesee County received 3 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 146 positive cases
- The three positive cases reside in Batavia.
- One individual is in their 20’s, one individual is in their 40’s, and one individual is in their 80’s.
- One of the newly positive individuals was on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 3 of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
- 2 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- 1 of the total active positive cases is at a non-hospital regulated facility.
- Orleans County received 2 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 81 positive cases
- One positive case resides in Waterport, and one resides in Albion.
- Four of the weekend positive cases were from The Villages of Orleans Health & Rehab Facility.
- One individual is in their 60’s, one individual is in their 80’s.
- 1 of the positive individuals was on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 8 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
- Remember even though the numbers may be high at a specific location, the virus is still moving though our counties. People need to continue frequent handwashing and sanitizing shared surfaces, practicing stay safe at home, social distancing and wearing cloth masks when out in public. This is not the time for gathering at the grocery stores, take out lines or play dates. This is the time to be kind and think of the health and well-being of others.
- The NYS Health Department will partner with the State’s Attorney General to investigate nursing home violations. A hotline or online form can be submitted where residents, families, or members of the public can share complaints about nursing homes that have not provided required communications with families about COVID-19 diagnoses or fatalities, nursing home abuse and neglect including failure to follow rules to keep residents safe. The hotline number is 833-249-8499 or click the link for the online form: https://ag.ny.gov/nursinghomes