- As of 2:00 p.m.
- Genesee County received 1 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 164 positive cases
- The positive case resides in Batavia.
- The positive case is in their 30’s.
- The newly positive individual was not on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 2 of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
- 5 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- We have removed a ‘positive / recovered’ individual that was determined to be a false-positive result. Therefore, the total positive case number will be one less and has been adjusted in our data. No further information will be shared.
- Orleans County received 2 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 134 positive cases
- The community positive case resides in Ridgeway.
- There is one additional positive case who is a resident of The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Of the new positive cases one individual is in their 50’s and one individual is in their 90’s.
- 10 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
The facility breakdown is only showing those facilities from where we received a postive swab for COVID-19. Facilities will be added when and if there is a positive case of COVID-19. If a regulated facility from either of our counties is not listed, there are no positive cases of COVID-19 as of the release of this briefing. The local health departments do not have oversight with many regulated facilities, which may include nursing homes, correctional facilities, hospitals, etc.
- We are pleased to receive word of being included in the Finger Lakes Region to Re-open New York’s first phase beginning, Friday, May 15, 2020. Be advised the local health departments are NOT the gatekeepers in these next steps. We are NOT reviewing /approving plans and we don’t have the ability to make decisions on who is / who isn’t a part of the first phase nor have we been provided with guidance on interpreting who is and who isn’t included (see the highlighted phase below). We have included several links to assist with planning and contact information for your reference on how to re-open for those slated to in Phase One.
- The first phase In order to un-PAUSE safely, we need to continue to be intentional about social distancing, properly wearing face coverings, handwashing/sanitizing and limiting time in public. Please click here for a re-opening guidance and fact sheet in response to COVID-19 developed by the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments. For further information on the NYS Plans, click here. For NY Forward, a guide to reopening New York and Building Back Better, click here.
- Phased Plan to Re-open New York: https://www.governor.ny.gov/programs/new-york-forward
- Priority Industries for Re-Opening:
- Phase One: Construction; Manufacturing & wholesale supply chain; Select retail using curbside pickup only; Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, and Hunting
- Phase Two: Professional services; Finance & Insurance; Retail; Administrative support; Real Estate & Rental Leasing
- Phase Three: Restaurants & Food Service; Hotels & Accommodations
- Phase Four: Arts, Entertainment & Recreation; Education
- ROC COVID-19 Health Screener: This symptom tracker for the Greater Rochester region is a scientific study collected aggregate date by zip code to track hot spots of COVID-19. The data will potentially show how the virus may be spreading, identify areas that may be at risk and determine how our efforts are working to slow the spread. You can participate by taking the daily survey whether you are having symptoms or are feeling healthy. It just takes a few seconds. To learn more go to: https://www.roccovid.org/index.html
- New York State is seeking contact tracers. If you are interested in this position, click here to apply to be a part of the NYS Contact Tracing team. This is a moment of crisis and New York needs our help as soon as possible.