- As of 2:00 p.m.
- Genesee County received 1 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 165 positive cases
- The positive case resides in Batavia.
- The positive case is in their 30’s.
- The newly positive individual was not on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 0 of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
- 5 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- Orleans County received 8 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 142 positive cases
- All of the new positive cases were in state-regulated facilities: 2 from The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5 (one counted from the weekend for a total of 6) from Western NY DDSO Group Home, and 1 from Orchard Rehabilitation & Nursing Center.
- Of the new positive cases one individual is in their 20’s, three individuals are in their 30’s, one individual is in their 50’s, one individual is in their 60’s, one individual is in their 80’s and one individual is in their 90’s.
- Two of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
- 10 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized. Please note those in the hospital may be from the community or a state-regulated facility. We do not separate them out to protect their privacy.
- We are saddened to report another death from The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center. Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of this individual during this very sad time.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
The facility breakdown is only showing those facilities from where we received a postive swab for COVID-19. Facilities will be added when and if there is a positive case of COVID-19. If a regulated facility from either of our counties is not listed, there are no positive cases of COVID-19 as of the release of this briefing. The local health departments do not have oversight with many regulated facilities, which may include nursing homes, correctional facilities, hospitals, etc.