- As of 2:00 p.m.
- Genesee County received 1 new positive cases of COVID-19 for a total of 186 positive cases
- The positive case resides in Batavia.
- The positive individual is in their 20’s.
- The positive case was on mandatory quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 2 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- Orleans County received 10 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 221 positive cases
- One of the new positive individuals resides in Albion, three of the new positives live in Ridgeway, one of the new positive lives at The Villages of Orleans Health & Rehabilitation Center and five of the new positive individuals live at Orchard Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- Of the new positive case one of the individuals is under 20, one of the individual is in their 20’s, two individuals are in their 50’s, two individuals are in their 60’s, three individuals are in their 70’s and one of the individuals is in their 90’s.
- Two of the new positive cases were on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive.
- 1 of the previous positive cases has recovered and has been released from mandatory isolation.
- 19 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized. Please note those in the hospital may be from the community or a state-regulated facility. We do not separate them out to protect their privacy.
- We are sorry to report that we have lost two more county residents due to COVID-19. The individuals resided at the Orchard Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of these individuals during this very sad time.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
The facility breakdown is only showing the total positive cases from those facilities from where we received a postive swab for COVID-19.
Phase 2 is now open in the Finger Lakes region! There are still limitations. We encourage business owners to go to the NY Forward website and click on Phase Two for more information. https://forward.ny.gov/phase-two-industries
Per Governor Cuomo gatherings of 10 or less are permitted with social distancing and sanitization protocols in place. The executive order is only good for 30 days or unless it is extended. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20233-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
For questions go to NY Forward website (https://forward.ny.gov/) and the Regional Control Room (for guidance and to answer your questions: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). To file a complaint about a business, location or incident in your community you can call 1-833-789-0470 or https://mylicense.custhelp.com/app/ask
- Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Re-opening America: click here.
- Although the State has issued a statement about campgrounds, they have not provided updated guidance for camping. The local health departments are in the process of communicating with local campgrounds with updated information.
- Hair Salons & Barbershops are able to provide limited services. They are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19 prior to opening and are required to be tested every two weeks.
- All businesses opening in Phase 2 are required to have their Business Safety Plan in place, review the summary guidelines for their business and read and affirm the detailed guidelines. All this is to be kept on the premises. The local health department will not be reviewing these plans, however they need to be accessible for state and local authorities.
New York State on PAUSE: NYS on PAUSE https://forward.ny.gov/new-york-state-pause. To assist local authorities with enforcement of these orders, the Governor established the New York State PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Task Force where individuals can file complaints regarding the operation of non-essential businesses or gatherings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here to file a complaint online. You may also call 1-833-789-0470. Businesses that are not in compliance with the Governor’s executive order may be penalized.
- Re-Opening Guidance: Links to assist businesses
- Masks / Face Coverings Both counties are still low in supplies of masks. They are being distributed to high-risk agencies / businesses as prioritized and if there is a supply left over they will be distributed in an appropriate manner. County plans for releasing supplies to the public will be forthcoming as supplies become available. Additional information will be released by the respective County Emergency Management offices as appropriate.
- ROC COVID-19 Health Screener: This symptom tracker for the Greater Rochester region is a scientific study collected aggregate data by zip code to track hot spots of COVID-19. The data will potentially show how the virus may be spreading, identify areas that may be at risk and determine how our efforts are working to slow the spread. You can participate by taking the daily survey whether you are having symptoms or are feeling healthy. It just takes a few seconds. To learn more go to: https://www.roccovid.org/index.html
- The Nursing Home hotline number is 833-249-8499 or click the link for the online form: https://ag.ny.gov/nursinghomes