- As of 2:00 p.m.
- Genesee County received 3 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 157 positive cases
- Two of the positive cases reside in Pembroke and one resides in Batavia.
- One individual is in their 20’s and two of the individuals are in their 30’s.
- Two of the newly positive individuals were on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 0 of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation.
- 5 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- We have removed a ‘positive / recovered’ individual that was determined to be a false-positive result. Therefore, the total positive case number will be one less and has been adjusted in our data. No further information will be shared.
- Orleans County received 4 new positive case of COVID-19 for a total of 109 positive cases
- Two of the new positive cases reside in Ridgeway and one of the new positive cases resides in Shelby.
- One positive case resides at The Villages of Orleans Health & Rehabilitation Center.
- The newly positive cases has one individual in their 40’s, two individuals in their 50’s and one individual in their 80’s and older.
- None of the community newly positive individuals were on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
- 8 of the total active positive cases are hospitalized.
- We have also received word of another death of an individual who lived at The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center. Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of this individual at this very sad time.
Click here to view the Genesee and Orleans County online map of confirmed cases
The facility breakdown is only showing those facilities from where we received a postive swab for COVID-19. Facilities will be added when and if there is a positive case of COVID-19. If a regulated facility from either of our counties is not listed, there are no positive cases of COVID-19 as of the release of this briefing. The local health departments do not have oversight with many regulated facilities, which may include nursing homes, correctional facilities, hospitals, etc.
- New York State is seeking contact tracers. If you are interested in this position, click here to apply to be a part of the NYS Contact Tracing team. This is a moment of crisis and New York needs our help as soon as possible.