Doubt: A Parable Performed by GCC’s Forum Players
Written by WBTA STAFF on February 6, 2020
Back row, left to right is Sam Rigerman, Francesca Pieter, and Caitlynne Tape. Front row, left to right is Nevaeh Vindigni-Kretchmer and Lucine Kauffman. Missing from the photo is Alyssa Young.
What: Doubt: A Parable Performed by GCC’s Forum Players
When: Four performances: Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, February 21 and 22, 2020 both at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Where: Genesee Community College Batavia Campus – Stuart Steiner Theatre
Who: This show is for mature audiences (ages 16+)
The Forum Players, Genesee Community College’s theatre arts students, and members of the local theatre community are excited to open the 2020 spring season with Doubt: A Parable, written by John Patrick Shanley, which won both a Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award in 2005.
This performance is a brilliant and powerful drama which tells the story of Bronx school principal Sister Aloysius, who takes matters into her own hands when she suspects the young Father Flynn of improper relations with a male student. Shanley not only wrote the play, but he also wrote the screenplay and directed it as a film starring Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
GCC’s talented Forum Players bring this parable to life with four live performances, directed by Maryanne Arena and Jaime Arena, which are intended for mature audiences.
• Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
• Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22, 2020, both at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 2 p.m.
The cast includes:
• Lucine Kauffman of Elba, NY as Sister Aloysius
• Sam Rigerman of Batavia, NY as Father Flynn
• Nevaeh Vindigni-Kretchmer of Rochester, NY as Sister James (alternating the role)
• Alyssa Young of Holley, NY as Sister James (alternating the role)
• Francesca Pieter of Willemstad, Curacao as Mrs. Muller (alternating the role)
• Caitlynne Tape of Syracuse, NY as Mrs. Muller (alternating the role)
The crew includes:
• Brodie McPherson of Rochester, NY as technical director and production designer
• Emily Grierson of Perry, NY as stage manager
• Tiago Ortega of Sao Paulo, Brazil as a backstage assistant
• Leah Plummer of Bradford, PA as a backstage assistant
Tickets for these shows are available online! The cost is $8 for adults, and $5 for seniors (55+) and students (16+) and GCC faculty/ staff. GCC students with ID are $3, and GCC alumni with ID will receive a $2 discount on an adult ticket. To reserve seats, you may also contact the GCC box office at email@example.com or (585) 345-6814.