FREE College and Financial Aid Application Assistance
Written by WBTA STAFF on January 11, 2019
The Adult Educational Opportunity Center (AEOC) is visiting every Genesee Community College campus center in January to help any current or potential student through College Entry Point and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Workshops. The remaining events are listed below.
Any current or potential student can attend these workshops:
Batavia Campus – 1 College Road, Batavia
• Wednesday, January 30, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m.
Albion Campus Center – 456 West Ave, Albion
• Tuesday, January 15, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m.
• Tuesday, January 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m.
• Tuesday, January 29, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m.
Arcade Campus Center – 25 Edward Street, Arcade
• Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 3 p.m.
• Thursday, January 31, 2019 from 11 a.m. till 7 p.m.
Dansville Campus Center – 31 Clara Barton Street, Dansville
• Tuesday, January 15, 2019 from 11 a.m. till 4 p.m.
• Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 11 a.m. till 4 p.m.
Lima Campus Center – 7285 Gale Road, Lima
• Tuesday, January 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 2 p.m.
Medina Campus Center – 11470 Maple Ridge Road, Medina
• Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m.
• Thursday, January 24, 2019 from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m.
The complete calendar of AEOC support workshops, financial aid sessions, College Entry Point events and more is available at www.genesee.edu/aeoc/.
One of the most popular workshops the AEOC offers are the “FAFSA Fests” (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). During these sessions, anyone can receive help in completing the FAFSA and TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) forms. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the AEOC office at 1-888-394-2362 or via email at AEOC@genesee.edu to reserve a seat in any session and to learn about what information and materials are required for participation.
All of the AEOC services are free and available to anyone, not just students of Genesee Community College. With dozens of events taking place throughout the Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming Counties, the AEOC is readily available. For a complete list of AEOC workshop and other events, visit the new calendar of events online at https://www.genesee.edu/home/adult-learners/adult-education-opportunity-center/aeoc-calendar-of-events/.
To learn more about any of these AEOC services, please visit https://www.genesee.edu/home/adult-learners/adult-education-opportunity-center/ or contact the AEOC office at 1-888-394-2362 or via email at AEOC@genesee.edu.