Two people injured in Alabama house fire

Written by on December 12, 2017

The house fire was reported at 2210 Judge Road in Alabama at around quarter to nine this morning.

Seven fire companies along with the Batavia’s FAST Team were called into action.

Town of Alabama Fire Chief Gary Patnod was on scene.

“For probably the first three to four minutes on location the upstairs occupant was not accounted for. He was a past member of our department and his wife still is currently an active member. We were able to make some contacts and find out that he was indeed out and safe. Upon our arrival the downstairs tenant was already out of the apartment and had sustained some burns. EMS was arriving on location to take care of her.”

One person was transported to the Erie County Medical Center for smoke inhalation and burns and the other individual was being evaluated in an ambulance on scene.

The fire was brought under control by around 9:30 this morning.

There was report of possible animals inside and one cat was initially rescued and another was resuscitated.

A dog reportedly perished in the blaze.

At around 10:15 a.m. Town of Batavia Fire and Sheldon Fire were called to return to the scene for a fire at 2180 Judge Road.

The story provided by our news partner The Batavian.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


[There are no radio stations in the database]