Weather Alert Updates: Ice Storm Warning then a Flood Watch
Written by WBTA STAFF on April 14, 2018
ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 2 PM EDT SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Significant icing and gusty winds are expected. Total
ice accumulations of around one half are expected.
* WHERE…Niagara, Orleans, Monroe, Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, and
* WHEN…From 2 PM this afternoon to 2 PM EDT Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Power outages and tree damage are likely
due to the strong winds and ice. Travel will be difficult at
FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON…
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a
* Flood Watch for western New York and the Genesee Valley.
* From late Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon.
* Moderate to heavy rain of 2 to 2.5 inches may result in
considerable runoff into area creeks and rivers.
* Small streams and creeks, low-lying and poor drainage areas, and
urban areas may see flooding problems develop as soon as early
Monday morning. However, larger streams and rivers will take
longer to respond with flooding possible later Monday into